Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Sweet Tart Bunny Pattern

Hello and happy finals week (for me anyway)!

I felt like blogging, so I decided to go through some of my old crochet and knitting notes and I found a pattern I had a lot of fun doing. Its SUPER easy... Seriously, If you can crochet a circle you can make this. I know most experienced crocheters wouldn't even bother reading a pattern for this, but I think for people newer to the craft, patterns like this can be pretty helpful. And thus I present, the Sweet Tart Bunny.

You will need:
  • US Size F Crochet hook
  • Worsted or Aran yarn. I used Sugar n Cream Twists
  • Safety eyes or small buttons
  • Black Felt
  • A yarn needle
The Pattern

Body
  • 6 sc in Magic ring (6)
  • 2 sc in each sc around (12) Insert keyring around these stitches if making keychain. then do the next round around the ring.
  • *2 sc in first sc, sc in next* repeat across the round (18)
  • *2 sc in first sc, sc in next 2* repeat across the round(24)
  • *2 sc in first sc, sc in next 3* repeat across the round (30)
  • Sc in each sc around for 4 rounds(30)
  • *Sc2Tog in first sc, sc in next 3* repeat across the round(24)
  • *Sc2Tog in first sc, sc in next 2* repeat across the round(18)
  • *Sc2Tog in first sc, sc in next* repeat across the round(12)
  • Sc2Tog across the round(6)
  • Stuff and close the body
Before closing the body, be sure to attach safety eyes if you are using them.

Ears (Make 2)
  • Chain 4
  • Sc in second chain from hook, sc in next 2, 2 sc in last st (5) Turn.
  • Sc across in the back loops of the chain, 2 sc in last st (6)
  • Sc in each st around for 5 rows (11)
  • Join round when finished, cut yarn leaving a 16" yarn tail for sewing
Arms (Make 2)
  • 6 sc in Magic ring (6)
  • Sc in each sc around for 2 rows (6)
  • Join round when finished, and cut yarn leaving a 10" yarn tail for sewing.
When each individual piece is complete, you are ready to sew! The arms and facial features should all go around the middle row of the body for optimum cuteness. Also, you can either sew or glue on the nose, I chose glue. The nose is just a mini triangle out of felt, see photo for reference.

I hope this little bunny can be used to put a smile on someone's face! If you have any pattern requests be sure to tell me here or on Ravelry.

Lots of Love.
Lindsey



No comments:

Post a Comment